Paytm credit card also know as Paytm First card. Paytm company has made this card in association with Citibank. Read this article to know the process to get this card and what benefits you will get from this card.
Paytm is one of the most used online payment apps in India. Paytm is a digital payment system and especially it is famous for its wallet concept. Even if you don’t have your bank account, you can save money on your Paytm wallet and can pay also. Paytm always respects the interest of its customers. And keeping this in view, Paytm in association with Citibank took out the Paytm First card, which gives you many benefits.
Little bit about Paytm First Credit card
Paytm Credit card is officially known as Paytm First card. If you are a Paytm user, you should grab this card to get 1% cashback on each and every payment.
The benefits of this card have been upgraded. In 2021, if you want to take this card or you already have it, then you are going to get its upgraded benefits, they are much better than before.
- This card is more secure as it is possible for you to turn it on/off and set its limit using the Citi mobile app.
- This card is of VISA platinum, thus you will also get all the benefitrs of VISA platinum.
- Contactless payment up to Rs. 5000 can be made using this card.
- You will get 5% cashback if you do shopping from Paytm Mall.
- You will get 2% cashback on your flight booking from Paytm Flight.
- You get 3% cashback when you will use other categories of Paytm such as mobile recharge, train booking, etc.
- You will get 1% cashback on every single payment you make, whether offline or online.
- You can purchase the product on EMI. Spend up to Rs. 2500 can be converted into EMI.
- All Citibank offers will be available on this card.
Eligibility and criteria
There are no eligibility criteria laid down by Paytm to apply for this card. Thus everyone can apply for this card. In collaboration with Paytm and Citibank, they have developed a selection facility to recognize probable customers. This helps the customers to own a credit card without the need for a prior credit score.
You should have your Permanent Account Number (PAN) to go ahead.
Fees to be applied
No fee is charged from you while applying for this card. But the annual fee for a Paytm First Credit card is ₹499 + 18% GST. And if you spend ₹50,000 in a year using this card, then the fee of this card will be waived off.
You will have to spend ₹100,000 using this card to get the fee waiver from 1st April 2022.
Also read | How to get IPPB Credit Card?
How to apply for a Paytm Credit card?
Before starting the process to apply for a Paytm First card, you should know everything like eligibility, fees, and limitations of this card.
Step 1 – Open the Paytm app on your mobile
Step 2 – Click on the three-line button at the top left corner of the app
Step 3 – Scroll a little bit down, there you will get the option of Paytm First Card, tap on it.
- If that option is not showing in your Paytm account, you should update your KYC details. If still, that option won’t showing, that means you are not eligible to get this card.
Step 4 – A page will open that includes all the important information about the card, there tap on Apply Now button.
Step 5 – Now, fill the details which have been asked there (Gender, address, occupation details, and office address and tap on Proceed button.
Step 6 – Now your employment details with your monthly income will be asked. There two options will be given Salaried and Self Employed, among them you can choose according to your choice.
Step 7 – Enter the Organization Name and your monthly income then accept the Terms and Conditions check box.
Step 8 – Heat the Submit button.
Now it will take few minutes to be get submitted successfully. Once your application is submitted successfully, you will receive a message on your Paytm linked mobile number.
You will be called from your Paytm-linked bank to verify your KYC therefore you must carry your PAN, Aadhar, and Bank Passbook with you. After successfully verifying KYC, the Paytm First Credit Card will be sent by post to your given address.
Also read | How to open an Indian Post Payment Bank account?