Do you use Meesho to do online shopping? Then you will wonder to hear that you can make up to Rs. 10K-25K per month from it. Read the article completely, this is all about how you can earn money from Meesho in a few easy steps.
You might not know that women use Meesho more than men. The reason for the attraction of women towards it is that women’s clothes are available here in many varieties and at very low prices. Although there are many things for men too but men like to purchase from shops more than doing online shopping. You must know that currently, Meesho is India’s number one reselling platform. This platform is not only for shopping but by reselling along with shopping, good revenue can be generated from it.
Reselling on Meesho does not mean that you have to buy a product first and then sell it to someone. Here is a quite different scenario of reselling on it that I will introduce to you in further of this article. And apart from this, you can earn 25% of commission by referring Meesho too.
What is Meesho all about?
Meesho is Indian originated reselling platform established in December 2015 by two IIT Delhi graduates Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal. Currently, Meesho is active only in India thus the headquarter is located in Bengaluru city. Meesho gives the opportunity to individuals and small businesses to open their own online stores which can be run through Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms by promoting the product on their own. Meesho plays only the role of supplier for those.
Prior to Meesho, Atray and Barnwal started a startup named Fashionier in which they used to do hyper-delivery of fashion. But they used to have more resellers than sales. So they decided to shift their domain to reselling. This decision proved successful and Meesho started growing initially. The company get its biggest push when it was selected for Y-Combinator. It is the world’s largest acceleration program from where Meesho got initial funding. After that, they got official funding from SAIFPartners. Till now many big companies have invested in Meesho like NASPERS, Sequoia Capital and even Facebook has also invested in Meesho.
In the starting phase, Meesho was available only for garments. But now it is extended and available with home furnishing, home decor, kitchen & dining, beauty, health, jewelry, accessories, footwear, bags, and electronic products.
How does Meesho earn money?
Many people must be thinking, even I was also that how Meesho earns because their prices are very lower than other platforms. There are several ways in which Meesho earns its profit.
- Commission: The largest part of earnings of Meesho comes from commissions. Meesho charges a few amounts of commission from its sellers. They charge different percentages of commission for different categories of products.
- Penalty charges: Seller who does not follow the rule, is not time worth, does not ship on the given time, does not maintain the quality from those they charge penalty.
- Logistics: Their second biggest source of revenue is logistics means shipping. Basically, they provide their own logistics services to their sellers and generate good revenue from it.
- Rank push: If a seller wants to display his product more than the others or he wants to rank on Meesho so that he will be viewed by many people and resellers or in order to get more sales then Meesho helps him to do this by charging an extra certain amount.
- Selling database: Selling database is the common earning method of maximum huge companies. They turn customer’s databases into money from this.
Meesho’s biggest revenue source is funding and investment they raise. They are collecting and increasing the valuation of the company. So the company is earning its biggest amount from funding after increasing the valuation of the company.
How to earn money by reselling on Meesho?
Meesho is an online shopping platform but the purpose of making Meesho is to make people able to earn money by reselling sitting at home. It is very easy, no investment is needed, and flexible timing to be given, even teenagers can also try this. I have a special article on how to earn as a teenager in India, you can read it.
I have explained what is the process of reselling on Meesho in a few easy steps. The first step to do in order to earn money from Meesho is to get logged in to Meesho using your mobile number.
Step 1: Find excellent products for reselling
In order to find the product which you want reselling for, you can directly search the product using the search bar or you can go through the categories too. Look at the image I found of this jacket, this is for only Rs 749 but it looks expensive, right? You too have to find such a product that looks richer than it is actually worth.
Step 2: Share the product details
Meesho has a wonderful sharing feature using which you can share detail about the product like product image, its price, used material, etc. When you share a product using the Share button, the image of the product is shared and the description will be copied to the clipboard so that you can send it by making changes as you want like you can replace the price and add an attractive note to attract the customer.
Now only Whatsapp you can share product details on any social media app which is available on your phone. Keep always “Yes” on “Are you reselling this product?”
Step 3: Place the order for the customer
- Go to the product your customer likes and click on the Buy Now button.
- Then select the size, and keep easy return always enabled so that you can return or replace the product, after that click on Buy Now button.
- Now enter the shipping address. If you want to ship the package directly to your customer’s door, enter his address.
- Now choose the payment method as Cash on Delivery, and choose “Yes” on “Reselling the order?“
- Enter the amount including your profit margin which you want to show as the price of the product to your customer. (As you can see in the image my product’s price was Rs 749, which became Rs 899 after including Rs 150 as my profit margin.)
You have to add your profit margin wisely. Do not keep the margin so much that your customer may find the product price high and do not keep it so low that you do not get any profit.
- Now you will be shown the summary of your order including size, quantity, delivery address, payment mode, sender’s information, price detail, your margin, etc. Click on the Place Order button on that page.
Your order is successfully placed for your customer. If you will have entered the customer’s address then the package will be sent to your customer directly, Otherwise, the package will be delivered to your address.
Step 4: Get paid on order delivery
After your customer receives the package, he will pay the displayed amount as he has selected cash on delivery as his payment mode (In my case my customer will pay Rs 899). After a few days of order completion, you will receive the same amount you entered as your profit margin to your Meesho linked bank account (Thus I will receive Rs 150 as my profit), and the rest amount will go to Meesho, and the supplier.
This is how you can earn money by reselling on Meesho. This is a suitable earning source for household women because the craze of online shopping among girls is increasing day by day, and only a girl can recognize a girl’s choice very well.
Payment methods on Meesho
Meesho accepts all payment methods that other websites do. But maximum people in India prefer cash on delivery. Anyway, let me tell you that UPI (Google Pay), Wallet (Paytm, PhonePe, Mobikwik), Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking, and everyone’s favorite COD these payment methods are available on Meesho.
If you pay online on Meesho, then you get a discount of up to 10-15%. Apart from this, you also get 10-15% off on making payments through wallets i.e. Paytm, PhonePe, and Mobikwik. By doing online payment and using payment methods on which discount offer is available, you can earn more than your profit margin; let’s see how?
Let’s have my example of how I earn more money by reselling on Meesho: I am getting on an average 25% off by paying online and using the offer available payment method. My product price is Rs 749, so I am getting Rs 187 off and my profit margin is Rs 150. In this way, I am earning Rs 337 on a normal reselling.
How to refer and earn money on the Meesho app?
Meesho also provides the feature of earning by referring but I do not recommend you to refer. Because if you refer Meesho to people then you yourself reveal your secret, because of which you are losing your customers.
You can earn by referring just in three easy steps as you can see in the above image.
- Invite a friend: You will get Refer & Earn option in the Account menu at the bottom right corner of the app interface. There you will get the button of Refer & Earn, by using which you can share the referral link on Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, and anywhere you want to share.
- Friend places an order: Your friend downloaded the Meesho app from your referral link. Now your friend liked a product on Meesho and he places an order.
- You earned: You will get paid 25% of his order or a maximum of up to Rs 350 on a successful order. And remember this is going to happen only on his first order. So tell your friend to place an order of a minimum of Rs 1400 so that you will get the maximum benefit.
If you do work on Meesho with full dedication, you will earn upto 25000 per month. Now a days, Meesho is very good way to earn money. Only a thing you have to do is to find customer to sell your products to them.
Meesho app website. Nutral packaging
I hope you better understand what I am trying to tell you. If you like this article don’t forget to share it with your friends. If you have any query, feel free to ask it to me.
Thank you for reading.