What is the full form of NTPC?
1) NTPC: National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd.
The full form of NTPC is National Thermal Power Corporation Limited. Established by the Government of India, this company runs the business of generating electricity and associated activities. This government company is consolidated under the Companies Act 1965 and owned by the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
NTPC is headquartered in New Delhi and the main business line of this company is to produce electricity and sell it to the State level Electricity Distribution Companies and State Electricity Boards.
Along with electricity production, this company also runs big businesses such as coal mining, equipment manufacturing, power trading, electricity selling. Now only this, this company also handles work like engineering project management, construction management, and power plant management.
- The company was founded on 7 November 1975 as ‘National Thermal Power Corporation Private Limited’.
- On 19 March 1976, D.V Kapur became the first Chairman and Managing Director of NTPC.
- NTPC’s first thermal power project was approved by the Government of India on 8 December 1976.
- In the same year its name was changed to National Thermal Power Corporation Limited.
- In 1995, it acquired Talcher Thermal Power Station from the Orissa State Electricity Board.
- In 1997, this company was given the status of ‘Navratna’ by Government of India.
- NTPC opens tis three subsidiaries to grow more as below –
– NTPC Electric Supply Company Limited
– NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Limited
– NTPC Hydro Limited
- NTPC got listed in BSE and NSE on 5 November 2004.
- NTPC signed Sri Lanka’s agreement to build two units of 250 MW each in Trincomalee, Sri Lanka.
Branches of NTPC:-
NTPC operates their business from 70 locations in India as we as one in Sri Lanka and two in Bangladesh. It has 8 headquarters in India.
Also read | MSEB full form
2) NTPC: Non-Technical Popular Category
The term NTPC stands for Non-Technical Popular Category in railways. NTPC is the name of an examination that is conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) to recruit eligible candidates according to their merit in the railway.
Undergraduate and graduate both can apply for this exam. The undergraduate participant can appear in this exam for Junior Clerk cum Typist, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Junior Time Keeper, Trains Clerk, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk these posts, although graduate participants can appear in this exam for Traffic Assistant, Goods Guard, Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper, Commercial Apprentice, Station Master, etc. posts.
12th (HSC or Equivalent) is the minimum qualification requirement and the candidate’s age should be between 18 to 33 years for the NTPC examination. It is also necessary to have some knowledge to handle computers.