What is the full form of MPSC?
The full form of the term MPSC is Maharashtra Public Service Commission and its full form in Marathi is महाराष्ट्र लोकसेवा आयोग. This is the exam conducting agency, created by the constitution of India under Article 315. and it works to select Class ‘A’ and Class ‘B’ officers for the Indian state of Maharashtra, according to the merits of participants in exams conducted by them.
Its headquarter is situated in the capital of Maharashtra, Mumbai. This is a body, which works to recruit talented and eligible candidates as officers on only the Maharashtra state level.
|Name||Maharashtra Public Service Commission|
|Type||Exam conducting agency|
|Recruits||Class ‘A’ and Class ‘B’ officers|
Also read | MSRTC full form
Little bit about MPSC examination
It works in a very simple way. This exam takes place twice a year. The format of the exam is objective-based.
To measure the talent and functionality of the candidates they conduct the exam in three-stage pre-examination, main examination, and personality test. The candidate who cleared all these stages becomes an officer of Class ‘A’ or Class ‘B’. There are various posts for which it held the exam, some of them are mentioned below –
- Maharashtra State Service Examination
- Maharashtra Forest Service Examination
- Maharashtra Agricultural Service Examination
- Maharashtra Engineering Services Class A Examination
- Maharashtra Engineering Services Class B Examination
- Civil Judge, Junior Level & Justice Magistrate, Class A Examination
- Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Examination
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical) Category-2, Maharashtra Electrical Engineering Services, Class B
- Maharashtra Police Sub-Inspector Examination
- Maharashtra Sales Tax Inspector Exam
- Maharashtra Tax Assistant Group-A Exam
- Maharashtra Assistant Exam
- Maharashtra Clerk-Typist Exam
This exam is conducted for recruitment to the below mentioned various posts –
- Deputy Collector
- Deputy Superintendent Of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer
- Block Development Officer
- Chief Officer (Municipal Corporation)
- Superintendent of State Excise
- Education Officer
- Deputy Education Officer
- Naib Tahsildar
- Assistant Regional Transport Officer
- Accounting Officer
- Section Officer
- Deputy Superintendent (Land Records)
- Deputy Superintendent (State Excise)
- Industry Officer
Also read | MSEB full form
Eligibility & criteria for MPSC exam
The graduation completed candidate, who has completed his 19 year age, can appear for this exam. The candidates of the open category can appear for the exam till the age of 38 years, the candidates of the reserved category can appear for the exam till the age of 43 years.
The candidate should have the Domicile certificate of Maharashtra state to appear for the exam. Also, the candidate should have the knowledge of language Marathi. The candidate must have taken Marathi subject in his school certification. State Service Examination can be held in both Marathi and English language.
Other full form of MPSC?
Along with Maharashtra Public Service Commission MPSC has another full form which is Michigan Public Service Commission. It is an agency, which formed in 1939 and is headquartered at 7109 W. Saginaw Highway
Lansing MI. It aims to protect the public by providing Michigan residents with safe, reliable, and accessible energy and telecommunications services at reasonable rates.
Also read – What is the full form of MSCIT?