What is the full form of IMEI?
The full form of IMEI is International Mobile Equipment Identity. Which we call IMEI in short. This is a unique number and you get to see it on each and every mobile.
If you want to check your mobile’s IMEI number, just type *#06# on the dial pad of your mobile. As you type this, your phone’s IMEI number will appear on the screen.
Uses of IMEI number
The main use of an IMEI number is to identify a mobile device. This number is different in every mobile, that is, it is unique for every mobile. So there is one other important use of IMEI number that is to track the mobile in case a user lost it anywhere. So you see that when your mobile is lost or stolen, then you go to the police when the police definitely ask for your IMEI number. As soon as you give this number to the police, the police put the mobile with this number on the blacklist. By doing this, whoever has your phone, cannot use another SIM in it and also cannot use the internet. And also cannot make any kind of phone call.
How police do blacklist a phone? The police give the IMEI number to all the telecom companies and say that your company’s SIM card should not run on this IMEI device.
Now let see what can a user or hacker do to your device if he has your IMEI number –
Can mobile get hacked with an IMEI number?
There are several things that can make happen using only an IMEI number. I am not saying to do this all, I am just telling you all this to improve your knowledge only.
- IMEI Cloning – Cloning is the first thing to think. Yes, any user or hacker can clone your phone or can clone your IMEI number, if he has your IMEI number. But doing so is not as easy as you are thinking. Along with the IMEI number, you should know more things. If your IMEI gets cloned, it means an IMEI number is running on two devices. If an IMEI number is being used in two mobiles, then your IMEI number will be blacklisted. And as you know, you can not use a SIM card on a blacklisted device. And in such an action can be taken against you as it is illegal to do all this.
- Phone Tracking – Phone tracking is also a very difficult task. There are many apps on the internet that claim to track phones, so let me tell you, doing all this is not possible for a common person. Even a hacker also has difficulties in doing this. Even a policeman cannot do this, but the police do it with the help of a telecom company.
If you think that the phone can be hacked only by an IMEI number, then it is the wrong idea. The entire phone cannot be hacked at all only with the help of an IMEI number. As I have told you that you can trace mobile and you can clone a mobile using IMEI but you can not completely get the all controls and access of that mobile. So this is not possible to get all controls and command in your hand only with IMEI number.
Some FAQs about IMEI
How can I find the IMEI number on my phone?
– Just type *#06# in the dial pad of your phone.
What is the full form of the IMEI number?
– The term IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity.
How to find the IMEI number on iPhone?
– You will get the IMEI number on iPhone by following the same as you do for Android.
In iPhone, the IMEI number is also written in the setting of the device. Follow the steps to find it as below –
Step 1 – Open the Setting of your iPhone.
Step 2 – Go to General >> About.
Step 3 – You will get your IMEI there by scrolling a few down.
How to find the IMEI number of a lost or stolen phone?
– Suppose your phone is lost or stolen. You can get its IMEI number until it is switched off. Let see how you can make it happen below –
Step 1 – Open find my device Google service in any other device.
Step 2 – Log in here with the same Google account which logged in to your phone.
Step 3 – You can see the name and location of your device there.
Step 4 – To know your IMEI number click on the “i” button.
Also read – full form of SMPS
This is how much important the IMEI number is. In this article, you learned what is IMEI number and its full form, its uses, how it helps to find your lost or stolen phone. One important thing is that you can trace your phone only with an IMEI number.
I hope you have learned a lot of new things from this article. If you like this article, don’t forget to share it with your friends. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask me.
Thanks for reading.