In this article, I will tell you how to remove Google Smart Lock from Instagram, Facebook, OLX, Spotify, Netflix, Messenger, Tinder, Pinterest, Discord, Roblox, etc. Google Smart Lock is a feature provided by Google on Android phones. This feature saves the login credentials of apps you use on your Android phones like Facebook and Instagram and allows you to get logged in with just a single click on a login suggestion given by the GSL. To use this feature, all you have to do is give permission to Google to save your login ID and password.
Also read | How to change the background on Chrome?
Why might Google Smart Lock need to be turned off?
Google Smart Lock is something that is good to some extent. I used to like it too sometime before. No login ID and password in required, need just a single click to log in on Facebook, Instagram, and many other apps.
- At the time of login, GSL shows multiple accounts as the suggestion but you do not want to open any among them, in such a scenario GSL seems unnecessary.
- Sometimes the password of an account has been changed and GSL uses the old saved passwords for login, therefore in this case you are not able to login using GSL. In this case, you can just change password keeping GSL as it is.
- The GSL popup keeps appearing while login in, we close it but it keeps coming back again and again, so it’s very annoying.
- No matter how much you keep in mind, sometimes you mistakenly tap on the GSL suggestion, and it takes a long time to get back to the login page.
These are the reason why you need to disable GSL on your phone. So let’s know the complete process to turn Google Smart Lock off:
How to remove Google Smart Lock from Instagram and Facebook?
You can either remove Google Smart Lock by turning it off from settings on your phone or you can disable it Google account manager.
Method 1: Turn off the Offer to save passwords
- Open the Gmail app on the phone on which you want to disable Google Smart Lock.
- Tap on your profile picture and then Manage your Google Account button.
- You are in Google account manager. Now go to Password Manager which is located under the Security tab.
- Tap on the Settings icon in front of Password Manager.
- Turn off the Offer to save passwords by disabling the toggle button at front.
Method 2: Decline an app from saving the password
To stop appearing the pop-up of Google Smart Lock on an app, that app has to be added to the decline list. Let’s see how to make it happen:
- Open the Gmail app on your phone.
- Click on your profile picture and then Manage your Google Account button.
- Then go to Security tab → Password Manager.
- Click on Settings icon in the front of Password Manager.
- Find the Declined sites and apps section by scroll bit down.
- Press + Add more button, select the app to decline from the list of the appss.
Method 3: Turn off Google Smart Lock on your phone
- Open the Settings on your android phone.
- Now go to Additional Settings → Device & Privacy → Trusted Agents which is located in the Advance section.
- You will see a toggle button in front of Smart Lock (Google), turn it off.
There might be different paths to this setting on different phones. If your phone is Redmi or Xiaomi, go to Settings → Passwords & security → Privacy → Trust agents. Also, you can find this directly by searching Trust Agents in Settings on your phone.
These are the three known ways to remove Google Smart Lock from an app or we can say from the phone. However, the second method allows you to disable GSL on a particular app. If seen, GSL is very good functionality, which makes the login easier. So if you want to keep using this feature on your phone, but you are in trouble with the wrong password, then you can also just change the password of the saved account by GSL.
Also read | How to record Zoom meeting on mobile?
This Post Has One Comment
The first method really works.. thanks