The point of this article is that how can we increase the quality of YouTube shorts video? But before that let us know what is YouTube shorts:
What is YouTube shorts?
YouTube Shorts is a facility powered by YouTube itself, this allows users for sharing short videos on it. It is available on mobile and computer YouTube apps as well as it is available on the YouTube website too. India is the country where YouTube Shorts was first launched in the world. The purpose of launching YouTube Shorts was to replace TikTok and similar short video sharing apps which were banned in India. And it got a very good response from the people of India.
If you are getting bored then this is a very good source to take out time because there are videos of every category on it. So keep watching and keep scrolling, the videos will never end.
Features of YouTube Shorts
- Thus it is a short video sharing feature of YouTube and allows 60 second long videos and this is more than enough.
- Videos are allowed in portrait mode so it becomes easy to upload videos directly recorded and edited on mobile.
- Users can add licensed music, making viewers find the music that you have used in your video.
- It allows users to interact with their viewers by adding comments option, and a video description can also be added.
- YouTube Shorts can be viewed on mobile as well as computer.
Why YouTube Shorts video quality is bad?
How to increase the quality of YouTube Shorts video?
YouTube shorts does not have self setting to change their video’s standard but don’t worry I have a trick so that you might get your video quality enhanced.
For your kind of information, I want to tell you that shorts video quality depends on the normal video quality on YouTube. That means, if you are watching a video in 480p then your shorts video also be seen in 480p. Therefore if you want to increase the standard of YouTube Shorts, you need to increase the standard of normal YouTube videos. let us understand with steps:
Step 1: Open the YouTube app and play a normal video.
Step 2: Tap on the “Settings” button at the top right corner of the video.
Step 3: Select and tap on the “Quality” option.
Step 4: In “Advanced” settings, select the video resolution (i.e. 144p, 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1880p) as per your requirement.
Similarly, you can change video quality on the computer by going to Quality which is located in Settings at the bottom right corner of the video.
Or else you can change the default resolution of the YouTube videos
1) Tap on your profile picture in the YouTube app
2) Then go to Settings → Video quality preferences
3) There select the “Higher picture quality” from the list
Doing this run your all next videos on 360p or above resolution. This will make the quality of your short video good than the initial. As the normal video quality will increase your short video quality also increase.
Also read | How to fix YouTube comment failed to post.