What is the full form of ATS?
The full form of the term ATS is Anti-Terrorism Squad. This is a wing which has established in 1990 in Maharashtra by Additional Commissioner of Mumbai Police Aftab Ahmed Khan (A. A. Khan). He did the formation of ATS under inspiration of Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) which is wing of Los Angeles Police Department to fight with modern terrorism.
This is a special police force whose main function is defend the country internally from terrorism activities. This special force is active in several states of India, which includes Maharashtra, Gujarat, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar and West Bengal. It works under central command and in the coordination of central intelligence agencies like IB and RAW.
Responsibilities of ATS
This is the one of the agencies which protect our country from internal terrorism. It carries out the work of eradicating the internal terrorism of the country by taking information from IB and RAW.
- To detect and collect every possible terrorism activity’s information in any part of Maharashtra state.
- To make co-ordinate with central intelligence agencies and do exchange the information of terrorism activities.
- To make co-ordinate and helps to similar agencies of other states.
- To understand terrorist steps and knock out the terrorist, mafia and other anti-national agencies.
- To detect counterfeit notes and smuggled drug rackets.
Career in ATS
There is no direct recruitment exam to join ATS. As you know, this is one of the intelligence agencies which works on state level, and you can not join it directly. If you are wishing to join any secret agencies of country, you can prepare for Civil Service exam to join IB and RAW.
Also read –