What is the full form of ISCII?
The full form of ISCII is the Indian Script Code for Information Interchange. There are many spoken languages in India, and it is impossible to understand all these languages by computer because computer understands only code language. So therefore, ISCII is mainly used by India to convert 15 official Indian languages (Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit, Punjabi, Gujarati, Oriya, Bengali Assamese, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Urdu, Sindhi, and Kashmiri) into computer codes to be understood by the computer system. Because of this, we get easy access to work on the computer in our mother tongue.
In 1991, the Bureau of Indian Standard adopted the concept of the Indian Script Code for Information Interchange (ISCII), the ISCII standard, which was developed during 1986–88 by a standardization committee under the Department of Electronics.
Structure of ISCII
It is an 8-bit code which allows to be used English and Indian language alphabets together. There is a total of 256 codes are used in ISCII for encoding. It has all the ASCII codes as we ass separated codes for Indian languages.
What is the full form of ASCII?
The full form of ASCII is American Standard Code For Information Interchange.
What is the full form of UNICODE?
The full form of UNICODE is Universal Coding Standard. UNICODE is a character coding system that was created for understanding written texts of different languages around the world. It is the universal coding standard adopted by all platforms. It is promoted by the organization, the UNICODE Consortium. UNICODE assigns a unique number code to each and every character of each standard language over the world. With the help of this, we can read the information that is in the local language of any other country in our mother tongue.
Characteristics of UNICODE
- It provides unique code to each character of each language all over the world.
- It supports around 100000 characters of different languages around the world.
- With the help of UNICODE, It has become easy to type in every language on computer platforms and internet.
- This is possible to type and create multilanguil documents due to UNICODE, and this remain as it is even if you open that document in defferent platforms.
- The text or document which is typed in UNICODE can be easily read all over the world without being corrupted. It can easily be translated into most languages around the world.
Also read | COBOL full form